bottle lid snowman decorations
I know Christmas is a bit divisive. It brings out the best and the worst in people. I love it though, mostly because its a great excuse to make shamelessly crafty and kitsch things all in the name of the season.
These snowmen are really easy to make and are cute to boot. They require minimal materials and should be doable for about a 6 year old or younger with some help.
What you need
One large and one small lid
Red and yellow (or orange ) oven bake cay.
coloured felt or blanket scrap
White acrylic paint or white spray paind (reccomended)
1.Glue the big and small lid together.
2. Paint white. Spray paint is quick and easy buy acrylic will work too.
3. Roll some tiny carrot noses from oven bake clay. Bake at 150C for 15 mins.
4. Attach the nose with glue and use a sharpie to draw on some eyes and a dotted mouth.
5. Cut a length of colored cord and hot glue it to the back of your snowman.
6. Cut a thin length of blanket of felt and wrap it around the next of your snowman. Stick down with hot glue. To finish stick on a few buttons.
All done! why not make a whole bunch?… I did.