egg carton crown
A perfect egg carton crown for a little recycling king or queen! My little King wouldn't wear his so the toy dog was king for a day but I think most kids would LOVE this! I keep dreaming of it in rainbow too...
What you need
- An egg carton
- Hot glue or craft glue
- Hole punch
- Gold paint*
1. Cut out 5 inner pointy bits(technical term) from the carton. You may need to trim the a bit once they have been cut just to tidy them up.
2. Cut a long strip from the carton lid just as wide as the pointy bits.
3. Stick the pointy bits onto the long strip. Hot glue will work best and is quickest but Craft glue should be OK if you have the patience to let it dry.
4. Trim the cardboard at the ends but leave just enough space to punch a hole in each end.
5. Punch a hole in each end ;)
6. Paint gold and leave to dry. *We used an oil based enamel because I found it in the back of the cupboard but you can use whatever you like. You could even try yellow with gold glitter or make my dreams come true and try it in rainbow!
6. Tie some string to either side, put on an imaginary robe and be a royal for a day.