I was never the kid that won the medals at the sports carnival. There was one time I hid behind a tree then sprang over the finish line to take second place but i don't think that counts.
If only school gave out these awesome oversized encouragement medals for just being awesome! Everyone would be a winner!
What you need.
- Plastic bags
- Tape (optional)
Tools: scissors and a pen
1. Draw a basic medal shape on some card. I just did mine freehand but you could draw around a small plate and then add a small rectangle to the top if you want them to be perfect.
2. Paint them and shake on some glitter while the paint is still wet. It’s a good idea to do this in a lined tray to avoid your house looking like a Mardi Gras parade.
3. Cut a large plastic bag into strips and plait these into a long strip. It helps to tape the end down to something firm while you do this.
4. Thread the plait through the holes and either tie in a knot or cross over each other and then wrap a small piece of tape in where they join. This makes a cute little bow shape.
5. Use a marker to write some encouraging slogas then cut out and attach to your medals.
WOO HOO! Now go share the love.